Wednesday 17 December 2014

CELEBRATING CHRISTMAS


 
 
It´s Christmas time! I really love this time. There is always something I can´t even explain but it warms my soul. There is something in the air, something magic… the warmth of Christmas. Don´t you think? ;) Maybe the excitement in the eyes of many people, watching it snow or listening to Christmas songs all month makes it kind of a special time of the year. People even seem to be nicer and friendlier…

Now, I am going to write about how I celebrate Christmas. Since I can remember I celebrate this day with my family – including my parents and my two sisters. There are only just us 5. It´s always kind of a homelike and special atmosphere. I love sitting around the tree and talking with them. In this moments everything is right with the world.

Before doing so, we prepare Christmas dinner. When we cook the whole family plays a part. My younger sister and I help to grate cheese or to cut vegetables. My older sister lays the table and my father mixes the dressing for the salad. Mum gets up early to prepare part of the main course so that we don´t need so much time afterwards – we are all hungry then! And want to eat as soon as possible! :D Even for the things I didn´t mention, we work as a team. It´s always so much fun! I´m smiling right now just remembering the laughter…

When I was younger, all the kids in my age were sure that the "Christkind" is the one that decorates the tree and brings presents. On Christmas Eve it comes and leaves them under the tree. How hilarious… :D I never believed in the "Christkind". My parents never told me that and I think I will do the same with my children. Why telling a "lie"?! Getting presents is always exciting, no matter if a golden-haired baby with wings or parents bring them ;)

I really love Christmas! This is such a great time of the year when we come together as a family and celebrate the coming of the Lord Jesus Christ.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment